Thursday, April 7, 2011

Being a Girl

It's fun being a girl.

A while ago, in Walmart, someone complimented my purse and asked where I had gotten it.  I answered.  They told me that there is a great place for purses by the Social Security Office call Beautiful You Boutique.  Today I finally got the chance to check it out.

The owner was a very nice lady who gave Charlie an Elvis Rubber Ducky.  A picture of her son was hung on the wall dedicated to autism awareness...jewelry, tees, everything.  He is 9 and assessed at 2 - 2 1/2 developmentally, mostly non-verbal, but obviously the light of her life and she "celebrates his differences."  Obviously, I felt an instant connection.

Not to mention I loved everything in her store!  What an awesome place!  The slogan under the store name on the sign is "Because we give a glam!"  Don't you love it?  I love anything sparkly.  And the place was sparkly to say the least!  And the purses were indeed gorgeous!

It is such a feminine store.  My husband would hate it.  But I had a wonderful time looking at the shiny things.  I live with three "men," two little ones and one big one.  It's great to know there is a retreat from all the testosterone just down the street.  Apparently my soul needs pretty things!

No comments:

Post a Comment