Tuesday, February 22, 2011

OH how I pray for more patience and understanding!

It's been two weeks now.  Screaming.  Crying.  Head banging.  Biting.  Smacking himself in the face with his cup, a toy, a book, whatever he has in his hands.  I am afraid he is in pain.  And I don't understand what pain or what to do about it. 

I thought it was his teeth.  I was sure of it.  I pushed and pushed and begged and finally convinced the local pediatric dentist to look at my son now instead of waiting the month for the appointment they had available for a new patient, only to be told that Jimmie's pain is not dental.  His teeth look good.  His gums are healthy.  Nothing to cause the pain.  I was so sure I had the answer.  I am glad I was wrong.  I am glad I know that his teeth are not causing him pain.  But now I am back where I started.  I have no clue what is wrong.

I feel so helpless.  I feel so inadequate.  What am I supposed to do?

I have been giving him Tylenol and Motrin for a week.  I can't keep that up.  It will only cause rebound pain.

I guess now I call the pediatrician and beg for tests for other things.  Strep.  Infection.  It has to be something.  This is not his personality.  He's a happy child.  He's a loving child.  I can't stand for him to be hurting.  I can't stand that I don't know what to do.  I can't stand that I am losing my patience with my family because my nerves are raw.  These are the people I love most in the world.  

What do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment